|Bearbeitung:||Prof. Dr.-Ing. Torsten Schlurmann, Dr.-Ing. Sven Liebisch, Dipl.-Ing. Nils Kerpen|
|Laufzeit:||01.09.2015 - 01.09.2019|
|Förderung durch:||Horinzon 2020 - The EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation|
HYDRALAB is an advanced network of environmental hydraulic institutes in Europe, which has been effective in providing access to a suite of major and unique environmental hydraulic facilities from across the whole European scientific community.
A continuation project will prepare environmental hydraulic modelling for the upcoming urgent technical challenges associated with adaptations for climate change. A multi-disciplinary approach is essential to meet these challenges. We denote the project HYDRALAB+, in recognition of the added value that will follow from our network changing to enhance the collaboration between specialists and engaging with a new range of stakeholders.
The issues associated with climate change impacts on rivers and coasts are significant enough to ask the scientific community to which we open up our facilities to focus their research efforts on adaptations for climate change. We plan to issue themed calls for proposals for access to the facilities, with scientific merit as the main selection criterion, but with preference to the proposals that also address issues of adaptation to climate change impact.
In HYDRALAB+, with the prospect of climate change, we will build networking activities that will also involve the wider hydraulic community in the process of generating the deliverables of the project. The first Workshop in the project will be devoted to working together with the larger European hydraulics community not directly involved in HYDRALAB.
Increased emphasis will be placed by HYDRALAB+ on engagement with industry – a theme that will be delivered initially through the vehicle of a focussed Workshop between HYDRALAB researchers and industry. We will work together with industry to have HYDRALAB+ become part of the innovation cycle by bringing development to market – this is particularly relevant for the instruments we develop - to involve industry in our range of project deliverables.
STICHTING DELTARES Netherlands
- AALTO-KORKEAKOULUSAATIO Finland
- CENTRO DE ESTUDIOS Y EXPERIMENTACION DE OBRAS PUBLICAS - CEDEX Spain
- CENTRE NATIONAL DE LA RECHERCHE SCIENTIFIQUE France
- DHI Denmark
- INSTITUTUL NATIONAL DE CERCETARE-DEZVOLTARE PENTRU GEOLOGIE SI GEOECOLOGIE MARINA-GEOECOMAR Romania
- HR WALLINGFORD LIMITED United Kingdom
- HAMBURGISCHE SCHIFFBAU-VERSUCHSANSTALT GMBH Germany
- INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HYDRAULIC ENGINEERING AND RESEARCH Netherlands
- INSTYTUT BUDOWNICTWA WODNEGO POLSKIEJ AKADEMII NAUK Poland
- INSTITUT FRANCAIS DE RECHERCHE POUR L'EXPLOITATION DE LA MER France
- LOUGHBOROUGH UNIVERSITY United Kingdom
- LABORATORIO NACIONAL DE ENGENHARIA CIVIL Portugal
- GOTTFRIED WILHELM LEIBNIZ UNIVERSITAET HANNOVER Germany
- NATURAL ENVIRONMENT RESEARCH COUNCIL United Kingdom
- NORGES TEKNISK-NATURVITENSKAPELIGE UNIVERSITET NTNUNorwaySamui Design & Management Ltd United Kingdom
- THE UNIVERSITY COURT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ABERDEEN United Kingdom
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI CATANIA Italy
- UNIVERSIDAD DE CANTABRIA Spain
- UNIVERSITY OF HULL United Kingdom
- UNIVERSITAT POLITECNICA DE CATALUNYA Spain
- UNIVERSIDADE DO PORTO Portugal
- UNIVERSITEIT TWENTE Netherlands